Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Microstock Photography

Hey hey, I'm sorry I'm so late on this topic. But a promise is a promise so here it goes.

1st the disclaimer, I'm not a pro thus I don't think I should be writting any advice on this. BUT, I would love to share my research with you. So it's up to you to try your luck. :D

So here goes...

What is microstock photography?
From Wikipedia: Microstock photography, also known as micropayment photography, is an offshoot of traditional stock photography. What defines a company as a microstock photography company is that they
  1. Source their images almost exclusively via the Internet,
  2. Do so from a wider range of photographers than the traditional stock agencies (including a willingness to accept images from "amateurs" and hobbyists), and
  3. Sell their images at a very low rate (anywhere from $.20 - $10) for a royalty-free image.
    A number of microstock sites also sell vector art, and some sell Flash animations and video, as well as images.
You may find some microstock website that you can join for free and start uploading your photos to earn money thru this site: http://www.microstockphotography.com/

And if you already have that collection and really fell in love with microstock photography, why not create a website to talk about microstock photography and add your site to http://www.microstockphotography.com/ ?

Gud luck and I'm trying my luck soon as well. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment